Форум Mirror's Edge
  • Страница 1 из 6
  • »
Модератор форума: ScorpyX, nikolayxxx, Art  
Форум » Mirror's Edge » Моддинг » Rendering World Pre-Alpha Level video Teaser
Rendering World Pre-Alpha Level video Teaser
Проверенные
Дата: Пятница, 07.02.2014, 12:56 / Сообщение № 1 

This is a little trailer about my first custom map, now it's in pre-alpha, while i must finished the level putting light around the world and more.

Enjoy it.
Администраторы
Дата: Пятница, 07.02.2014, 14:16 / Сообщение № 2 
very nice :)
Проверенные
Дата: Пятница, 07.02.2014, 14:55 / Сообщение № 3 
It's realy cool! I'm wait a release...  :)
Редактор
Дата: Пятница, 07.02.2014, 15:15 / Сообщение № 4 
Цитата keku645 ()
This is a little trailer about my first custom map
While it looks decent gameplaywise i feel that there is a thing of which all (well, almost) custom maps fall short. It is credibility. Premade locations have all those little details that make them look like real place (trash, different signs, etc.) and while watching your "teaser" i could not figure out where action takes place (metro station? why put scaffolding in the corner?). Oh and realistic lighting would be rather useful. Look forward to seeing final version (hopefully more lifelike)

Проверенные
Дата: Пятница, 07.02.2014, 17:52 / Сообщение № 5 
Цитата J3ster ()
i feel that there is a thing of which all (well, almost) custom maps fall short

I don't want it happens in my map, I'm working for the level gameplay will minimum 30min.

Добавлено (07.02.2014, 17:44)
---------------------------------------------
Цитата J3ster ()
while watching your "teaser" i could not figure out where action takes place

The action will figure on: metro, rooftops, streets and sewers, if you see the last part of my trailer do you see i'm working in this part.

Добавлено (07.02.2014, 17:50)
Цитата J3ster ()
why put scaffolding in the corner?).

In metro did you mean? Basically the metro has a  construction zone and for go to the next place after the metro you can go in several directions, construction zone is one of them.

Добавлено (07.02.2014, 17:52)
Цитата J3ster ()
Oh and realistic lighting would be rather useful

I'm doing another map to practice how to use light, it is quite difficult and I want my map have good lighting. Альтаир know it. =P

Сообщение отредактировал: / Post edited: keku645 - Пятница, 07.02.2014, 17:53
Редактор
Дата: Пятница, 07.02.2014, 19:16 / Сообщение № 6 
Цитата keku645 ()
Basically the metro has a construction zone and for go to the next place after the metro you can go in several directions, construction zone is one of them.
I figured that out, it's just that they seem to levitate there without any special purpose and dont look like they belong there (Got to see the map before jumping to any conclusions though).
Цитата keku645 ()
I'm doing another map to practice how to use light, it is quite difficult and I want my map have good lighting.
Well, good luck with that.

Проверенные
Дата: Воскресенье, 09.02.2014, 10:43 / Сообщение № 7 
Creating my own storm drain.

Проверенные
Дата: Воскресенье, 09.02.2014, 14:47 / Сообщение № 8 
It's awesome to see people making new maps. :)
Also regarding the lighting, try setting the sun and shadow directional lights to affect only a specific channel. Also make sure that the channel that the sun and shadow light effects on the outdoor meshes you want to be effected by the said light. This will make your outdoor lighting separate from indoor lighting with which you can create realistic lighting. 

It's not easy creating realistic maps in ME because DICE removed Beast from the engine after they built their levels.
You can download my map (http://mirrors-edge2.ru/forum/34-300-1) and see how I made stuff (however copy-pasting is not welcome):

(My map with the outdoor lights set to "cinematic1" channel)
Also, make sure the material is correct, since on my map, the parking floor material was accidentally messed up, which caused it to look flat (I fixed it as soon as I uploaded the map -.-)
If you need any help ask me questions.
-Abincyp
Проверенные
Дата: Понедельник, 10.02.2014, 06:27 / Сообщение № 9 
I just put you level in the editor and it's so awesome see the lot of things you put, today i'm a noob in the editor, i want to learn a lot of i can, but in the internet no exist a tutorials for know how to use mirror's edge the editor.

Where is the texture about vents?

And how can I make an elevator?

Сообщение отредактировал: / Post edited: keku645 - Понедельник, 10.02.2014, 09:21
Проверенные
Дата: Понедельник, 10.02.2014, 22:09 / Сообщение № 10 
Цитата keku645 ()
I just put you level in the editor and it's so awesome see the lot of things you put, today i'm a noob in the editor, i want to learn a lot of i can, but in the internet no exist a tutorials for know how to use mirror's edge the editor.
You can find 2008 unreal engine tutorials. Mirror's Edge is very similar.
Цитата keku645 ()
Where is the texture about vents?
I think it was in the i_maintenance package.
Цитата keku645 ()
And how can I make an elevator?
I can tell you tomorrow when I'll have time. Right now, you can Google, or look at the elevator in my level (try not to copy).
Проверенные
Дата: Вторник, 11.02.2014, 19:20 / Сообщение № 11 
Цитата Abincyprus ()
I can tell you tomorrow when I'll have time. Right now, you can Google, or look at the elevator in my level (try not to copy).

The problem is I don't understand anything, I try to find any tutorial from internet but i haven't got results, this is why i'm doing questions here.

Waiting for this tutorial!  :)

Добавлено (11.02.2014, 19:20)
El final de mi Stormdrain!

Администраторы
Дата: Вторник, 11.02.2014, 19:59 / Сообщение № 12 
keku645, scale is impressive
Проверенные
Дата: Среда, 12.02.2014, 14:35 / Сообщение № 13 
Цитата Альтаир ()
keku645, la escala es impresionante realizada

¡Gracias!  :) I think i will finish the level in 1 - 2 weeks.

Добавлено (12.02.2014, 14:35)

Проверенные
Дата: Среда, 12.02.2014, 19:17 / Сообщение № 14 
I couldn't find time to make a tutorial, however...
If you can't make your own elevator you can look place an already made elevator from .../TdGame/Script/SPT_elevator
It doesn't work properly but you can adjust it.

The elevator that works like the ones in-game (with faith pressing the button animation):
Note: not a full tutorial, completely out of memory.
1. Place an elevator model
2. Convert it to an InterpActor
3. Place a Tdtrigger_dynamic (NOT A NORMAL TRIGGER) found in actor classes under triggers
4. Add a dynamic light so the elevator has a light in it
5. Attach both the trigger and the light to the elevator (Actor Properties, Attachment, Base [Elevator reference] and then tick bHardAttach and bIgnoreBaseRotation.
6. Open up Kismet and do an appropriate elevator sequence
Модераторы
Дата: Среда, 12.02.2014, 19:53 / Сообщение № 15 
Whoa - looks great - hope for a lot of gameplay :3
(impressive stuff keku645 - i will try it when you upload map)

also do not rush in the study of ME editor - just observe (learn) how things made on different maps
if PC allows you can open original game maps for learn some

if you need more fundamental unreal engine stuff to learn - you can just google any UDK \ UE3 video tutorials (or forum messages)
(many fundamental things still not changed much) (fundamental unreal engine stuff is very useful)

PS. ask any questions on this forum - i think everyone will try help you how they can
keep it up ^_^

My Youtube channel
Форум » Mirror's Edge » Моддинг » Rendering World Pre-Alpha Level video Teaser
  • Страница 1 из 6
  • »
Поиск:
clicking on ".rsvp" adds class "open" on ".overlay" clicking on ".close-overlay" removes class "open" on ".overlay" clicking on ".rsvp, .overlay-m-open, .overlay-m-open-en, .open-bs-modal" adds class "no-scroll" on "html" clicking on ".close-overlay, .overlay-m-close, .close" removes class "no-scroll" on "html" clicking on ".open-menuprofile" adds class "open-mpro" on ".menumi" clicking on ".close-menuprofile" removes class "open-mpro" on ".menumi" clicking on ".overlay-m-open" adds class "overlay-m-visible" on ".overlay-m" clicking on ".overlay-m-close" removes class "overlay-m-visible" on ".overlay-m"
ME-Чат
ME-Чат
Правила форума
Данные правила действуют на всей конференции. В отдельных разделах и форумах конференции возможно наличие собственных правил, которые уточняют и детализируют правила поведения в них. При этом данные правила остаются обязательными в любом случае.

Правила вводятся для создания комфортной и конструктивной атмосферы общения. Если Вас не устраивает установленная форма общения, воздержитесь от участия в данной конференции.

I. Регистрация пользователей.

• Регистрируясь на форуме, пользователь соглашается выполнять данные Правила.
  • Для регистрации на форуме пользователь должен предоставить действующий адрес электронной почты. Мы гарантируем конфиденциальность указанной информации.
  • Выбор имени пользователя (nickname) является вашим исключительным правом. Администрация оставляет за собой право принять меры к прекращению использования nickname, если его использование нарушает общепринятые моральные и этические нормы или является оскорбительным для других пользователей форума. Запрещена регистрация nickname, схожих с уже существующими до степени, которые могут ввести в заблуждение других пользователей форума.
  • Запрещена неоднократная регистрация одним пользователем, вне зависимости от целей, с которыми такая регистрация проводится. Данное нарушение является крайне серьезным и ведет к блокированию всех учетных записей.
  • Если вы не проявляете активность на форуме в течение длительного времени, ваша учетная запись может быть удалена.

II. Порядок поведения на форуме.

• Общение на форуме строится на принципах общепринятой морали и сетевого этикета.
  • Строго запрещено использование нецензурных слов, брани, оскорбительных выражений, в независимости от того, в каком виде и кому они были адресованы. В том числе при подмене букв символами. Участники должны соблюдать уважительную форму общения.
  • Категорически запрещается любая реклама, в том числе реклама интернет-проектов (за исключением случаев предварительного согласования с администрацией).
  • Ваша подпись на форуме не может быть длиннее 2-ух строк. К ней предъявляются те же требования, что и к сообщениям на форуме.

III. Публикация сообщений.

• Название темы должно быть информативным, максимально четко отражая смысл проблемы.
  • Перед созданием новой темы убедитесь, что вы создаете ее в форуме соответствующей тематики, а также постарайтесь убедиться в том, что данный вопрос не обсуждался ранее.
  • Запрещено создание одинаковых тем в разных разделах и помещение одинаковых по смыслу сообщений в разные темы.
  • Заниматься оверпостингом (Оверпостинг - размещение пользователем за короткий промежуток времени в одной и той же теме нескольких сообщений подряд) и размножением офф-топиков (Оффтопик - сообщение, выходящее за рамки заранее установленной темы общения.).

IV. Отношения между пользователями и администрацией.

• В своих действиях администрация форума руководствуется здравым смыслом и внутренними правилами управления форумом.
  • Обсуждение действий администрации (администраторов и модераторов форума) категорически запрещается в любых форумах и темах, за исключением специализированного форума, предназначенного для обсуждения всех аспектов работы портала и всего форума.

Участник форума, несогласный с действиями Модератора, может высказать своё несогласие Модератору по почте или в личном сообщении. Если от Модератора нет ответа или ответ, по мнению участника, необоснованный, последний вправе переписку с Модератором отправить Администратору. Конечное решение принимает Администратор. Это решение является окончательным и необсуждаемым.

Администрация оставляет за собой право изменять правила с последующим уведомлением об этом пользователей форума. Все изменения и новации на форуме производятся с учетом мнений и интересов пользователей.